18 Jan 2009

Layered Pancakes

Layered Pancakes (as Ági prepares it)
500 gr flour
4 eggs
500 ml milk
1/2 – 1 dl fizzy mineral water
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoonful sugar
for the filling:
500 gr cottage cheese
2 egg yolk
sultanas, grated lemon peel, sugar to taste
The eggs, the sugar, the flour and the salt is mixed and stirred until its thickness is medium. Then the dough is thinned with the mineral water in order to have a liquid consistency.
In a frying pan a tablespoonful of sunflower oil is heated then I pour a not fully filled ladle of the dough into the pan. Both sides must be fried until they are golden brown.
The cottage cheese, the yolks, the sugar and the salt is stirred thoroughly. Then I add some sultanas soaked in milk and vanilla-flavoured sugar. I butter a Pyrex bowl thickly. I fill the flavoured cottage cheese, roll the up and place them into the bowl (two lines). Every line must be sprinkled with sour cream and then I dust them with sugar. In the oven I bake it.

No comments: